2017 Call for Abstracts
The call for abstracts is now closed.
For enquires p
lease contact the Conference Secretariat at email@example.com
- 23 April: Abstracts due by 5pm
8 May: Notification of outcome and offer of oral or poster presentation
18 May: Acceptance of offer reply due
All abstracts are subject to peer review. Although authors must indicate their preferred form of communication (oral or poster), the type of presentation offered and the day of presentation will be the decision of the organising committee. It is a condition of submission that the presenting author of the abstract must register for the conference and pay the registration fee by early registration deadline of 24 August 2017.
Abstracts MUST adhere to the following;
Length - up to a maximum of 250 words
Scientific presentations (RCT, case control study etc) are to be structured using the following headings and will be judged on the inclusion and clarity of: background (may include aim), methods, results and conclusion.
Research studies MUST have results.
Other presentations (case studies etc) will be judged on the inclusion and clarity of the following: evidence of a literature review, substantiation of evidence based practice, discussion and conclusion.
There will be up to three awards of $500 each towards the expense of attending one of the next two ACNN conferences:
a new presenter award (oral or poster)
best oral award
best poster award
Eligibility for presenter’s awards:
- A financial member of ACNN at the time of abstract submission and at close of early bird registration
- The paper or poster must be presented in person
- New presenters must not have presented at a national or international conference previously
- Person who is working towards a post-graduate degree or within three years of completing a post-graduate degree
Presenters will be asked to stand beside their posters for a period of time to answer questions
- Portrait style
- Preferred size: A1 (594mm x 841mm) but B1 (707mm x 1000mm) and AO (841mm x 1189mm) accepted
Guide to writing a good abstract Guide-to-writing-a-good-abstract.pdf (52.7 KB)
Updated 23 April 2017